Sugaring is a hair removal method that uses 100% organic, natural ingredients – sugar, water and lemon juice – mixed in a honey like paste to remove unwanted hair from your body. The all-natural formula is suitable for all skin types and even the most sensitive areas of the bikini line or facial areas. Sugaring is not only extremely beneficial at removing unwanted hair, it also slows down hair regrowth making it a more permanent solution and has a list of amazing benefits for the health of your skin.
The paste is environmentally-friendly, there are no chemical additives, no wax resins and it is 100% free of the ‘nasties’ such as parabens, urea, laurel sulphates and petro. All Alexandria Professional products that we use in the salon are cruelty free, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic for the most sensitive skin types.
Sugaring hair removal benefits for your skin
1. Slower regrowth. With sugaring the hair is always removed in the natural direction of its growth causing less stress to the follicle, more ease of extraction of the hair thus a slower regrowth. Sugaring allows to extract even the smallest hairs, resulting in a more effective and permanent result compared to waxing.
2. Less pain. Sugaring contains no heat which is gentler on the skin and the hair follicle providing a more therapeutic experience causing less stress to you and your skin.
3. More hygienic. There is less risk of cross contamination with sugaring as there are no spatulas, no double dipping and an individual, disposable glove is worn during each treatment.
4. Permanent results. Sugaring is a permanent reduction of hair removal where waxing isn’t. The results are more permanent when the treatment is done every 2 to 3 weeks depending on the area, particularly on the face. The closer you have the treatments together the better the results.
5. Exfoliates and removes only dead skin cells. Sugaring adheres to dead skin cells only which makes it a natural exfoliating treatment (waxing can damage live skin cells).
6. Treats ingrown hair and prevents skin reactions. Unique sugaring formula and sugaring method helps to prevent and treat ingrown hairs (waxing can sometimes cause ingrown hair which makes it harder to treat). There is less reaction like spots, rash, redness or inflammation after sugaring compared to waxing thus making it more suitable for pregnant women, women or men that are very sensitive and prone to reacting after treatments.
7. Suitable for sensitive skin. Sugaring can remove hair from all body parts including the face, underarms, arms, legs, back and intimate areas. The sugar paste gently exfoliates only dead skin cells and is gentle on delicate skin tissue areas.
Complimentary Consultation: We offer a complimentary consultation where you can experience a taster of what sugaring is like, how the treatment is done, what to expect, and the science behind the process. It takes about 15 minutes and allows for any questions you may have about the treatment.
Professional Advice: We also give you professional advice on how to care for your skin before and after the sugaring treatment. Pre and post sugaring care is essential to eliminate any skin irritation and any chance of skin reaction from the actual extraction of hair, and insures any sensitive areas feel soothed and hydrated post treatment. All Alexandria Professional products that we recommend you to use have been formulated, tried and tested, and proven extremely safe and effective, they are also vegan and cruelty free.
Sugaring Membership: We are also accepting subscriptions for the Sugaring Membership – ideal for long term results:
Sugaring Membership for Bikini area – sign up for a 3 month membership and receive unlimited sugaring treatments for bikini area (Brazilian or LA Bikini sugaring only) + a FREE travel kit with Alexandria Professional products.
Sugaring Membership for Underarm area – sign up for a 3 month membership and receive unlimited sugaring treatments for underarm area.
Sugaring Minutes: In order for you to save more we have created sugaring minutes for the face in 60, 90 and 120 minute packages. We deduct minutes from your package each time you come so you save each time and your hair growth cycle slows down even more so you notice better results!
**In 2017, Peaches & Lime beauty salon won the Sugaring Salon of the Year Award at the Alexandria Professional Awards ceremony.**
Photos: Peaches & Lime archive and Alexandria Professional